As I mentioned last week, quick & easy meals are easy if we take some time to prepare ingredients in advance. Today's breakfast idea is no exception. I eat a variation of this most mornings and I rotate the vegetables with whatever is in season. Right now, that's carrots, beets, radish, onions, garlic, potatoes, and spinach.
Quick & Easy Breakfast Hash
- Heat 2 tablespoons of heat-stable fat in skillet (tallow, lard, ghee, coconut oil)
- Add 1 tablespoon turmeric and 1/2 teaspoon of salt & pepper
- Add 1 cup chopped onion and cook for a couple minutes
- Add 1 cup each of grated carrots & grated beets and cook for a few minutes (or until almost soft)
- Add 2 cups spinach and cook until spinach is wilted (about a minute)
(feel free to mix up the ingredients & use whatever you have in your refrigerator; peppers, kale, purple potatoes, turnips, etc.)
Quick note, turmeric has potent anti-inflammatory properties. It's benefits are compounded when you combine it with black pepper. Plus, it tastes delicious. I highly recommend using it on a regular basis.
As you can see, if you've prepped the ingredients ahead of time (diced onion, grated beets & carrots, etc.) this breakfast takes no more than 15 minutes from open-the-refrigerator-door to fork-in-your-mouth.
Give it a try & let me know what you think.